Tomorrow! I will have lots of prints for sale as well as 4 NEW paintings you haven’t seen yet IRL! Don’t forget to come pick up a free postcard of my valkyrie painting, and follow me on twitter @emilyvonzombie for some live contests during the show to win a free print!
“Squidface Demon: Fire” Photographic Prints and more by deathspalehorse | Redbubble
Just revamped my etsy page - been a lonnnng time. Now, to post some work!
Please keep checking back! So much more soon!
I will be showing my art on Saturday at the Pin-Up Parlor along with these awesome local SATX artists!
Just finished this up for Ryan’s band Perish The Land. Hopefully more to come soon, exploring different ideas!
Some work from my old sketchbooks!
So, since moving to Texas I have (amongst other things) :
- gotten a costco membership
- seen Ryan’s band play
- found a favorite bar (Martini Ranch)
- gone tubing on the Guadalupe
- gone to and had many bbqs
- 4th of july fireworks at Edward’s
- someone sideswiped my car causing nearly 3k of damage :(
- went to six flags aka rollercoasterrrrssss
- went to Artslam!
- learned how to get to Ryan’s work, Gamestop, and the shopping center at Culebra & 1604 without getting lost
- played lots of darts
- gotten a cold
- painted my studio
- saw Prometheus with Ryan at Alamo Drafthouse (Westlakes is my favourite because of the attached comic book store!)
- hung our small tv up on the wall so we can watch Doctor Who from bed!
- discovered people here are generally nicer and easier to make friends with than people anywhere else! (with the exception of whoever hit my car!)
- hence: made new friends
- went to the gym for the first time (tomorrow will be the 3rd time now)
- speed walked/slow jogged my first ever mile! (2.5 to be exact - very proud of myself!)
- started pilates back up
- working on video editing and some illustration work
- made a facebook page for my artwork
- in process of designing my new website
- uttered the phrase “there is no warmth, only Zuul” in total seriousness (because Ryan is a viking and keeps the house extremely cold)
- gotten a surprise hoodie in the mail from my friend Nick (thanks Nick! That made my day!)
- found a jacket and ring I covet from the Harley store
- and I am very glad all 3 kitties are getting along so well
Now time for bed coz I have the sniffles really bad and lots to accomplish tomorrow! Time for some more Doctor Who
Well, it’s been a whirlwind since I moved here. Unpacking, organizing (still not done!), working on freelance, getting sick, etc.
However I promise to give a full update tomorrow. Also nearing finishing my new art website!
Rest stop west of Knoxville! Drove all this way so far myselfs! Ryans turn now. Almost to Nashville!
Woke up in Chantilly, Virginia. Cats enjoyed investigating a new place… Hope they’re ready for a loooong car day ahead!
I just learned that coriander…and cilantro… SAME PLANT!!! Mind = blown
I woke up at 6am…. can’t sleep! I feel like it’s Christmas!!
Yesterday was eventful.. things were going so well in the morning - steam cleaner came on time and was awesome, found someone who was actually nice at the leasing office who did my walkthrough and then turned my keys in… Then got a flat tire on York road going north through a stretch where they were doing construction.. on a manhole cover that was more exposed than usual coz they had the road all scraped down… It was right before the Panera/staples parking lot across from the fairgrounds… Waited half an hr on hold for roadside assistance, 1:15 for the tow truck… Then at the dealership learned the problem was in the sidewall so had to buy a brand new tire… At least this one comes with some sort of warranty! All in all ate up about 4 hrs of my day..
Then I stopped at Gamestop to 1) trade in my old iPhone for store credit and 2) say goodbye to my nerd friends (if you need to go to gamestop, go to the one on York road in the shopping center with the Mars right near ridgely rd. Katie and Will are the best :) Guess I will have to find a new home base store in San Antonio and make new gamestop friends haha. Although I did learn from them that the HQ of gamestop is somewhere in Texas, and their big expo you can buy tickets for takes place in San Antonio !
Ended the night with some hibachi grill with Nick and Jason. It was amazing, like usual. That place is glorious and it was really fun. Got in some last minute TWSS jokes.
Was asleep before midnight and now I am awake and can’t fall back asleep because I’m too excited. I have a phone conference this morning and three small errands to run at some point today… Picking Ryan up from the airport later tonight!!